Monday, November 17, 2008

Gilbert Days 2008

There's something about Gilbert Days that makes me happy. I didn't grow up in Gilbert, nor do I live there now. But knowing I get to go and see this at the front of the parade every year makes me swell with pride......










Yep, that's my dad, and I don't think they come any better than him.



My whole family meets in front of Joe's BBQ and we hoot and holler at anyone that will listen. We dance obnoxiously to all of the bands and mooch candy from all of the floats. If you sit in front of Joes BBQ, you smell hickory, pecan, and probably mesquite wood burning all morning and it's enough to make you drool. The kids are dirty and tired by the end but it's all worth it. Can't wait til next year.










My sisters and nieces and nephews

PS... I somehow erased almost all of the comments. I'm so sorry! I LOVE your comments!!

2 comments:

barbafamily said...

What a great time!

Jacque said...

I SO wish I was down there right now. I want to hang with ya'll.
MISS YOU!