Friday, August 22, 2008

Let them eat cake!



I'm realizing I like to do bday cakes a lot more than weddings. So little stress involved. I just finished this one for my friend's daughter's bday. She's having a "Spa Party" and they're getting facials and nails done at the party.
My poor kids. I only let them have a party every other year and even then I try to bribe them out of having that one. "Hey sweetie, wouldn't you rather have this really cool $20 bill than a stinky old party? Nobody's going to show up anyways. You don't have any REAL friends." Is that crossing the line? :) OK, I don't really say that, but I do offer them $ to save me the hassle of a party. None of them have taken me up on it yet. But I can keep on trying. Maybe I should offer more?



11 comments:

Shelby said...

Such a cute cake!! I am jealous of your talents. I will have to remember you when I have need for cake.

Jolene said...

That is a seriously cool cake.

Lorena said...

So talented! I wish I could talk my kids out of parties, but heck, with the 3-in-1 it's not that bad.

I think our kids want to get together. We'll have to get on that.

Has Cameron seen the new Star Wars yet?

Shelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelly said...

OK - that is an awesome cake - it made me laugh at how stinkin' cool it is! Good job!

Renae said...

Lorena, No, he hasn't seen it yet. Has Andrew?

Pam said...

Wow! Now that is an impressive cake. Great job - I bet it's delish too!

Varney Family said...

What a great cake! and I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who does the every other year birthdays... it's just to expensive with so many kids and they can still have their fun family night out on their 'day'!!

Heather said...

WOW, that is great! What talent Renae, I am jealous too.

The Romero family said...

WOW, you make great cakes. What a fun talent to have.
Still running, but not that crazy about races lately. Just look on GETSETAZ.com for a list of races. Some of the ladies in our group are considering doing the FULL marathon this year - not me! We run on Tues & Thurs @ 5:15 and longer runs on Sat. mornings. Let me know if you are interested and I'll text you times for Sat's. Feel free to join us any time.

Leila said...

Thats hilarious, I've been thinking about that alot, and I can't help myself. My kid love the parties, and it saves me on trying to figure out what the heck I'm going to do with them.