I love Utah. All of my mother's family lives up there and I love my mom's family. There's more than 150 of us now (living) and still growing. Every time we go up, I want to move there. But, we also always visit in the summer when it's absolutely beautiful. Never in the winter. But it's been a while since I've gone with my kids so we decided to pack up the minivan and head up for a wedding and to visit my 90 year old grandma. We took a detour to Brianhead Ut first to spend some time with Justin's brother and family. This will now be an Alexander family tradition. It was gorgeous and we found a great cheap condo. Stocked with old 80 movies and video games for the kids up in the loft. Could it get any better? We played, had a picnic, rode the chair lift to the top and Justin got some mountain biking in before we left.
After Brianhead, we took the genealogical route up through Koosharem Ut to see my ancestors hometown. We even ate at the Koosharem Cafe (which wasn't half bad)
Then onto Grandma Gunderson's. She lives in the home that my great great grandfather built. He traded the property for a down mattress he had owned in Denmark and had brought across the plains with them. The store that he owned across the street is still standing which I thought was pretty cool. Wasatch Academy now owns it and is turning it into a coffee shop soon.
I love having a hot husband.
We left Grandma's the next day (before the kids gave her a heart attack) and went to Provo for the next three days. We played, saw movies, and went up to Brighton to see Justin's sister (who actually lives in Buckeye, but was visiting family) The highlight was Salt Lake and Temple Square. It was so hot! We saw the Joseph Smith movie (loved it and cried) and the JS memorial bldng and ate at the Gardens Restaurant. It was beautiful.
Brighton - me riding the zip line :) Justin actually smiling for a picture
The Wedding
OK, here's how this works....... Skye is my cousin. She is marrying Paul Brown, who is my sister in law's ( Courtney) nephew. Courtney is Clint Brown's (SR1 ward) sister. My other sister in law, Alice, is Debbie Brown's (Clint's wife)sister. I think that makes Debbie and I related in three different twisted ways. (Courtney, Alice, and now Paul) I'm so sorry Debbie. :)

My cousin Skye (she was beautiful) Skye and her brothers

My Aunt Jana and Uncle Kent (with grandbaby)

Cousin Tigh and Jacque
It was a great trip. But there's no place like home. :)
4 comments:
FUN! I just might steal tht picture of me and Tigh. Hope you don't mind!
I hope Tigh let's me go down there to see Twilight with you guys. That would be such a party!! And totally worth it. I don't know who else I would rather see it with!
Love you!
I'm pretty sure that Debbie and Clint are related to everybody that lives in Mesa at this point!
P.S. My little brother used to date Alice Nielson.
Seems like you guys had a fun summer. Happy late Birthday too. Oh and I love your story on how you and justin got together.
Check out your awesome photos, you took more pictures that me on vacation...lol. I love the one of the girls hugging in the flowers. Your cousin totally looks like your little sister. Glad you are back, even though I haven't seen the light of day in 2 weeks.
Post a Comment