Yeah!! I'm an auntie again! Jenna Kate Douglas was born Sept 16th at 6:30 pm. And she's actually really cute! Don't get me wrong, they're all "cute" like newborn cute. Squished faces and cone heads that belong on Saturday Night Live "cute". But this one has this LITTLE head with lots of hair and these cute little puckered lips. After Emma was born (my 3rd baby) the nurse laughed and said her head was bigger than an actual bowling ball. (like I didn't know that. I pushed that bowling ball out) When one of my many siblings was born, they had actually switched babies on my mom and brought her the wrong one! She took one look at the beautiful little darling in her arms and said, " This isn't my baby. It's too pretty" She was totally right, and that genetic flaw has been passed down to most of my siblings, including myself. They get pretty a couple of months down the road and then turn out to be pretty good looking kids. But with your first it's kind of scary being handed this...not so pretty baby (I didn't want to say ugly. That's too mean even for me) and wondering how their life will be with this scrunched up face and nose full of little white pimples. Will they be made fun of in the hospital nursery? Will my baby be the one everyone is pointing at and saying, "Yowza! I hope she has a great personality?" Well, I'm rambling. Fortunately, mine are all BEAUTIFUL (now) and have great personalities. (whew!)
So, Congrats Janelle and Scott! I can't wait to come play!
4 comments:
K- I got you blog address form Victoria tonight. I have been DYING to see this sweet baby. Thanks for posting it! She is adorable and so pretty!
Congrats Auntie! What a beautiful pictures - I wish it was me...I guess the 25th will have to do! Ruthie has a thank you note for Emma - but I don't know your address... :)
Oh how exciting!!!! I wish i were there! Please tell her congrats for us! I hope Daisy does well! Not just because there's another girl in her territory, but becuase her sister actually got somewhat of a normal name. :) Jenna kate....daisy bliss.
Both cute and Darling!!
CONGRATS Janelle! I love your blog Renea! I'm not such a fan of camping either--maybe it was for the best! You have a BEAUTIFUL family!!!
Post a Comment