Monday, November 3, 2008

Cinderella, Humanitarian Day, Halloween, and Stake Conference... OH MY!

I'm playing catch up. I didn't even realize I'd had a crazy month until I downloaded my pictures onto the computer and saw that it's been pretty busy.

We went to the Hale Theatre's Cinderella play a couple of weeks ago. I surprised the girls and didn't tell them what we were doing until we got there. Looking back, I probably should have told them and then used it as a threat when they were misbehaving. Maybe next time.


Here's my review in case you are going.


If you're looking for something cute for the kids, it's ok. The Prince was good, and I liked the Fairy Godmother. They also do a lot of audience participation, which the girls loved.



Victoria and her cousin Paige were totally flirting with the Prince. And yes, that's my Mom dressed up on the stairs. She's all about making the grandkids happy and that definitely did.







We went to Floridemo's afterwards for some Pizza Muffins. My first time for these and I will definitely be going back for more.






Stake Humanitarian Day

We assembled over 500 hygiene kits it under 45 minutes. It was amazing and frightening, since I had no other activities planned except a couple of quilts which were also done in no time flat. Thank you to the people who took time out of their Saturday to serve.













Halloween 2008

All I can say is that I'm glad it's over. I don't really mean that. (well, maybe I do) But, if I had to dress those kids up one more time, I think I would have lost it. ( I mean more than I already did. Sorry Honey.) You've got Trunk or Treat, school parties, (even in Jr High?!) and then trick or treating. All in 2 days and 100 degree weather.

OK, ranting and raving aside, the kids did look cute. Victoria didn't dress up this year. Emma was Sleeping Beauty, Grace was Tinkerbell (she changed her mind at least 5 times) and Cameron was Starkiller from Star Wars the Force Unleashed. (it's a video game) I think 2 people knew what he was, but he loved it. I had to make the whole thing and thought it turned out pretty good, if i do say so myself. We have so much candy left over that I'm going to bottle it and save it for next year. Or I'll use it as my secret stash and eat it all once the kids go to bed.






Starkiller

future lady killer ;)



Stake Conference and new 1pm Church time

WooHoo!! This will be the first time that I'm not dreading 1pm church. No napping kids and Justin will finally be able to be there for the whole time more than once a month! I did enjoy 8am church because getting home at 11am was pretty great. But now we can have mornings like
THIS




Homemade Belgian waffles and hangin out in our jammies until noon. Yep, this will be just fine with me.

11 comments:

Janelle said...

Where the heck is the invite when you have breakfasts like that?! Protien shakes DO get old sometimes! We have 12:30 church and I'm debating inactivity until January when we get 8:30!! Kids can be such funsuckers.

Lorena said...

Sorry I missed Humanitarian Day. However, you can thank me for the last-minute email sent to SR2 about all of the combs left at the Dollar Store. :)

You should have stayed with me in Cameron and Drew's class. It was a blast and now they have 60 juice boxes left, thanks to us.

Bring on 9 a.m. for us! Seriously, after 2 years of 2 p.m., I am ready to feel like it is really Sunday and not just play the waiting game. Let's discuss this again in 2 months time.

Wendy Hansen said...

Everybody looks great, I agree about the over abundance of parties. Halloween week was a bit much for me. But at least the older ones are growing out of it so there are fewer people to dress. I'm am SOOOOOOO excited for 1:00 church, I can't even tell you.

LaVonne said...

Hi, You know my mum, Bev Durbin. She could'nt stop talking about the Humanitarian Day. She said it went great. She also says that you are doing a wonderful job. I hope you don't mind that I look at your blog everynow and then. And can I just say, that I am not looking forward to church at 1pm. I'm in the Santa Rita 1st Ward. By the way what time is breakfast on Sunday?

Heather said...

I agree with Lavonne! We are at 1pm too, so when should we be over for those yummy belgian waffles?? They are my fav!

Varney Family said...

Well we have 1 pm church too...but I do have napping kids we'll have to see how it goes :) What time are waffles mmmmmmmmmm!!

Alishia said...

I was so sad that we missed you Halloween night. I love trick or treating with the kids, but then you miss the friends that stop by. I'm so glad you didn't move far away! We miss you!

8:00 Church or 1:00 Church is all the same when your kids get up at
"0 Dark 30" as Bryan likes to call it. There is always time for Waffles when you've been up since 5:00. Someday I'd like to eat breakfast at 10:00 after a full night's sleep. Will that ever happen??

Pam said...

I know what you mean about lots to blog about. It's just finding the time to do it. Love all the pictures though. The kids look so cute in their costumes. Great job on the homeade star wars one again. You are becoming a pro at that.
1:00 church huh? You may be the only one loving that one :)
We move to 10:00 and I am soooooo excited about it. 8:00 was just too early for me.

The Brook Family said...

Great job on the humanitarian stuff. Sorry I missed, I need to do better at stuff like that. I am happy you are looking forward to 1:00 church, I am dreading it.

melissa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Your kids look so cute! And, I am with Janelle about the breakfast. What I would give to have been at your house Sunday morning. We have 9:00 church so, we're lucky if we get cereal. Was it seriously 100 degrees in Arizona on Halloween. That is just crazy! It rained on all the trick-or-treaters here.