Poor Cameron. Someday I'll be able to make a whole book about the things he says that make us laugh. To read his previous story, click here.
This morning I made him an egg over easy and while sitting at the kitchen table he asked, "Mom, how come some of the eggs turn into chickens and some don't?"
"Well Cameron, some eggs are fertilized and they turn into chicks and the ones that aren't are the ones that we eat."
Easy enough. I'd answered without it getting too awkward. Score one for mom! Unfortunately Justin was listening and decided to take this conversation to the next level. Probably to make me squirm. He loves that.
He says,"Cameron, don't you ever wonder why if the mom has the baby and the dad just marries her, (again, to understand this comment click here.) then why do some of the kids look like the dad?"
Now, my eyes are popping out and I'm giving him the "What the heck are you doing?" stare. You see, we have three girls and ONE boy. I have to give the "girl talk" to three kids and he has just one. One!! I've already totally screwed it up with Victoria. She caught me unprepared and I ended up using Lego's as an example. Yeah, Lego's. I think I've scarred her permanently.
This morning I made him an egg over easy and while sitting at the kitchen table he asked, "Mom, how come some of the eggs turn into chickens and some don't?"
"Well Cameron, some eggs are fertilized and they turn into chicks and the ones that aren't are the ones that we eat."
Easy enough. I'd answered without it getting too awkward. Score one for mom! Unfortunately Justin was listening and decided to take this conversation to the next level. Probably to make me squirm. He loves that.
He says,"Cameron, don't you ever wonder why if the mom has the baby and the dad just marries her, (again, to understand this comment click here.) then why do some of the kids look like the dad?"
Now, my eyes are popping out and I'm giving him the "What the heck are you doing?" stare. You see, we have three girls and ONE boy. I have to give the "girl talk" to three kids and he has just one. One!! I've already totally screwed it up with Victoria. She caught me unprepared and I ended up using Lego's as an example. Yeah, Lego's. I think I've scarred her permanently.
ANYWAYS.......
If Justin is going to start with birds and bees and such, he'd better take it upstairs and hopefully not use the Lego's Cam just got for Christmas. Fortunately Cameron was ready to diffuse the situation for me. Here's what he said....
"Well, isn't it like on America's Funniest Home Videos when they have a picture of the dog in a tutu and a picture of dog on a tightrope? And then they take the two pictures and put them together and it ends up being a dog with a tutu on a tightrope?"

6 comments:
OK, so, now I'm freaked out. The talk? Legos? Where to begin?
Wow! Nice that it came up and fused out so quick!
Nice! Love it!
I'll have to have Landon read this one! He has to give the talk 4 times and I jsut have the one...hmmm I think I'll have to hear the lego idea ;)
Wow, I'm glad that it worked itself out. I have been laughing about the lego's ever since you told me that! Too, too funny.
Post a Comment