Thursday, January 1, 2009

Castles and Coasters

Every year the Phoenix Fire Dept.
rents out Castles and Coasters (right off the I17 and around Dunlap. Our old stomping grounds) and all the firefighters and families get in for $5. This year we needed no diapers, no stroller, and the kids could ride almost everything. They had a blast and so did Justin and I. I think we're ready for Disneyland!
Emma and Grace were thrilled to ride everything (can't you tell by the death grip and grimace on Emma's face?) And Cameron and Victoria actually had fun.....together!! You can see them smiling while they're sitting next to each other?!!! Will wonders never cease? ;)

































Now, this is one of those free fall rides that I refuse to get on. Victoria was practically dragged on it (can you tell?) and Cam has no idea what to expect. I love the last picture which was taken when they were almost to the bottom. Justin looks like he's going to hurl, Toria's just plain mad, and Cam looks like he's just holding on for dear life.







8 comments:

SBrooks said...

Fun! SOunds like a great,yet tiring day!

Varney Family said...

Wow! No daipers, strollers...what freedom! You are so ready for Disneyland - If I can do it with a double stroller and 4 (now 5 ) under 8 years old... and have fun, then YOU'LL have a BLAST!!! Great pictures and great fun ;)

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine that I will ever reach the time in life where I don't have to lug my whole house around with me with baby gear, extra outfits, extra kid snacks, strollers, blankets,....I think amusement parks will take on a whole new meaning once those days arrive. You are totally ready for Disneyland!

Wendy Hansen said...

Looks like a great day. And I have to say there is NO WAY I would go on that last ride, I would definitely be the one taking the picture, good call.

It is indeed a milestone when you can go on vacation without all of the baby stuff. Life is good!

Heather said...

Fun times! It is easy to get used to the no diapers, bottles thing huh? Love the faces on everyone, the anticipation kills you on the skydiver ride! :)

gina said...

That swinging boat thing totally makes me hurl. My kids love that place.

Alishia said...

That's not fair! The Phoenix PD never gets to do anything fun like that.

I haven't been there since high school and forgot how fun it was. Your pictures are great!! Your kids are so brave.

Jacque said...

Oh How fun! I want to vaca. with you guys! It was fun to talk to you briefly on the phone the other day. Let's make it a longer chat next time, mmkay?