
So it's a three day weekend, everyone's sick (except me) , and there's nothing to do except whine and complain (them, not me). I'm in the den (avoiding the kids) finally getting rid of all the Christmas boxes and .......Ding! I have the greatest idea.
IT'S MOVIE NIGHT!!!
They spend the next 6 hours coloring and glueing their "drive-in cars" or in Cameron's case the Imperial Star Destroyer. No fighting, all smiles and even helping one another! We pop some popcorn and settle in for some old home movies that night. I might even count it as Family Home Evening.

Also.......we're going to Disneyland for the first time as a family (I haven't been for 13 years) and I need advice on where to stay, where to eat, etc. Everyone seems to have their own tricks for making it work and I'd like to know all of them. Please Help?
14 comments:
So fun about Disneyland! We're going again in October...call me and we'll discuss.
I love your movie night. What kid doesn't like playing in an empty box, we always think they like the box better than the gift.
I see you got another guitar hero & we got rock band. We should have a battle of the bands sometime. I used to be the winner at my house but Tyler has WAY passed me up now.
I will think about the Disney tips & get back to you, when are you going?
What a fun idea for the movies!! We go to Disneyland every year and LOVE it! There are lots of fun tricks for every budget. Call me (my # is in the K directory) or I can email you a bunch of stuff. You know Landon - Mr. Deal - How fun!!
You are so smart and clever with your drive in movie night. Now why couldn't I have thought of that. Our day was long and lame. I had stuff to do and the kids were bored. Although in my bad mother defense I did sit down for a game of Phase 10 which does take a long time. That was quality right?
Hope the sickness bug has left your house. That is so not fun.
You are seriously the cutest family! What a fun idea. K-so whenever we go to Disneyland we do priceline and get smok'in deals! Just punch in for a 4-5 star hotel and put in a rediculously low rate like $40. We usually get it on our first shot! Call me if you have ?'s! Have fun!
We have always stayed at the Park Vue Inn, directly across the street from the main entrance... literally as close as you can get. It's inexpensive, decent, and includes breakfast. Nothing fancy, but who is going to hang out in their motel room anyway! Of course, we always shop around for the best price, and it has always beat everyone else.
Enjoy them while all they want to do is make the car and not DRIVE the car. What a great idea. Was it too ridonculous for Victoria to make one? Teenagers!
Good one! ;)
Hey Renae!! Is that you!!! How are ya? WE need to all get together sometime!!! Your family is BEAUTIFUL!!!
Love ya!
Wendy's Ushe! (haha)!!
Talk about looking good~you are GORGEOUS!! ok when you all get together you BETTER invite your FAVORITE babysitter!!! (you know I was!!!)
Love ya!!
Stay in touch!
ps~I just watched your Mom's year supply videos on You Tube and she is AMAZING!!! Must be nice to have that in the family!!!
Hey Renae its me again!~I just read your blog~yes I need to get moving here! Anyway~What a talented girl you are with your cakes! YOU HAVE TO MAKE ME ONE!! Tell me how much you charge! I have ALWAYS wanted to learn how to decorate cakes~(like cute ones)!~and the Ranch house is AMAZING!! WOW!! Will your parents ever retire up there for good? ALSO~Am I remembering that you married Billy Alexanders brother????? Where is that guy anyway and how is he?? I would love to see him again! If you ever talk to him ask him if he knows where the Woods ended up (Curtis, Troy, Kevin and what was the youngest ones name? was it Scott??)~hey I would love to talk to you on the phone sometime, I have a son wanting to get into the FD~so I have lots of questions!!
Talk to you later!
Wendy
Renae! You are SUCH A GOOD MOM! You are my idol! I am getting ready to watch some kids for a couple days and I love this idea! This will make it so much more fun for them! Movies are fun, but designing a car to drive up in? Wow. Mine will be a HUMMER! H2 style!
And as for Cali? Call Tigh. He is the SUPREME travel guru and will tell you the best places to stay and the cheapest! Honestly. People have learned to never book hotels or flights without prior approval from Tigh:)
You are so creative!! What a cute idea. I'm going to have to remember that one. We have plenty of opportunities for Sick Night/Movie Night aroung here.
Have fun in Disneyland!! The kids will love it!
Post a Comment