Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Bass Pro Shop Adventure



Here I am getting ready to climb the rock wall at the Bass Pro Shop.
Look, I think she's looking at my humongous buttocks and hoping the straps will hold.




Justin got some great pictures, but this was definitely not one of them. Those straps are not the most flattering accessory. I should have worn black pants to camouflage the bum hugging straps.





Here I am ringing the nonexistent bell at the top. (Justin said "Ring the bell!" so I spent 10 seconds hanging on for dear life looking for the stupid bell that wasn't there)
That's right, I actually made it to the top. My goal was to get higher than Victoria. It's pretty sad to just want to beat your 12 year old. I'm so ashamed, yet proud at the same time.





Here's Toria having her turn.



And Justin. I think it was way too easy for him. I'm just glad I went before him so I didn't look like a total wimp.








Here are the kids looking at the big fish tanks and then taking some shots with their Sarah Palin approved hunting rifles.










Gracie got a little freaked out by the fish.







All in all, it was a successful outing for us. We decided to call it FHE since there was some definite family bonding and we were reminded of Heavenly Father's many creations (even though most of them were brutally slaughtered then stuffed)
As a side note: I need a new camera. Mine's old and I don't get very good pictures from it. Any suggestions? I need something small and not too expensive.

11 comments:

Heidi said...

Okay, you are soo not an old lady and YOU NEED TO PLAY WITH US!! So send me your email and I will forward you the info! Actually, I think I have it in my email from the girls soccer.. is it the naener one?? I'll send it to that, hopefully it's you! ha

AliceK[i]ND said...

I love my camera... it's small, inexpensive, and takes great photos, as long as you are just talking about every day shots... plus it takes great video clips too. It's the Canon PowerShot SD1000 Digital Elph. There are other models, but I liked this one the best, and it got good reviews.

Heather said...

Have you been to the Gilbert Rec Center? They have a great rock wall. I love your stuffed and slaughtered comment! :)
I agree with the cannon comment above I have that one. I think consumer reports had a cannon listed. In some category?? We were just talking about this with a friend who just bought one.

Jacque said...

Renae! Always check costco ads first. We got a $50 off coupon for our camera! We love it! Small and compact. We sure miss you guys! Come visit...PUHlease!!!

Kayleen said...

Hey there! I saw a comment you left on Elicia's blog. I was just reading the post about the ward campout. I wondered what happened to you that night. Just so you know, we got a photo radar ticket that night on our way. 200 dollar night in the forest. . . awesome.

Turns out I once played Bunko with your sister Janelle when I filled in for someone. I knew she looked familiar. Anyhoo. . . now that I've talked. . . or typed your leg off, I guess I'll go. See you at church. Which character are you playing this week, Mary Magdalene? :)

Wendy Hansen said...

OK, you are now my hero. Not everyone would post a full on picture of their harnessed hiney, even if it is a skinny butt like yours. Isn't Bass Pro shops great? It's practially Arizona's Disneyland. Maybe that's where I should go for fall break?!?

Elisha said...

What a fun night! I must say that I am quite impressed though. I had a guy take me on a date to do a rock wall, and sadly I didn't even make it half ways up! Needless to say, the relationship ended there! So I have no idea why you keep making these "bum" comments! Yours is totally hot (yes, I admit that I have checked it out!)
OK, so my favorite camera that I have EVER bought is an olympus I bought from Costco. It was totally cheap, but took great pictures and was easy to use (for challenged ones like myself.) Sorry about the long post, I must be going through Renae withdrawls!

Eric and Breanna Graham said...

Good FHE idea.

Anonymous said...

That looks like it was so much fun. I would have searched for the bell too!

Shelly said...

Such cute pictures! Ya, I'm on the blog stuff right now, but can hardly comment because David is on the phone w/ me and I don't want him to know I am doing this. I should be getting ready for the trunk or treat. AAHH I can't concentrate. I have to go!

Anonymous said...

mum your ass is so sexy i would love to be balls deep in that