
Well, I've given in. People keep asking me if I blog yet and I feel stupid saying no. So basically I've given into peer pressure and feelings of inadequacy (it feels just like high school) and started a blog. It won't be cutesy or creative. Anybody that knows me knows I hate scrap booking. I'm using this as my online journal. So here I go!
I guess I'll start with the basics. I'm 34 years old. I swear I thought I was 32 for the last two years. My brother just had his bday and Justin and I had a disagreement on how old he was because "I'm only 32! He can't be turning 36! I'm only 18 months younger than him!!!" I was wrong. I'm really 34. Whatever. I live in Mesa Az with my husband of almost 15 years, Justin, my daughter Victoria, 11, son Cameron, 7, and daughters Emma, 4, and Grace, 2.
We are a pretty normal family. Piano lessons, little league, Wednesday night mutual, volunteering in classes, chaperoning field trips, dance class, church meetings, and on and on. I stay at home and take care of everything and everyone and I love it. I think I'd like to get out and work every once and a while, but Grace will be in school in 2 years and I'll have the chance then. Funny thing is, then I will have the house all to myself and I won't want to leave. :)
I'm probably one of the most spoiled moms I know because Justin is a Captain for the Phoenix Fire Department and works 2 or 3 days a week and is home the rest. I love the time we get to spend together even if we don't do anything. Seriously, how many moms get to have their husbands run errands with them and take and pick up the kids from school? He probably volunteers more than I do, tries to chaperon field trips and I don't think he's missed a career day yet. He is the best husband and father.
Now I'll give you the rundown on the kiddies.
Victori
a Renae was born on March 20, 1996. She has been the most amazing child. We've loved watching her develop from a Dixie Chicks singing toddler who knew what a cranium and a patella were into a wonderful young woman. She has a very good sense of humor that she gets from her dad along with a wicked smart brain (also from her dad). (I think she got my ears.) She skipped Kindergarten and has been in advanced classes all through elementary school and now Junior High. She has all honors classes and is getting A's in all of them. It's kind of unfair how she just gets it. She plays the piano beautifully, loves to read almost anything and seems to remember everything she's learned. (unless I've said it) Now if she could keep her room clean she would be the perfect child. :) I am so proud of her and love her.
Cameron Dane was born on June 13th, 2000. He is such a loving, sweet, happy kid. He's always saying "I love you" and giving hugs. He loves being with his dad and they do everything together. Justin took he and Victoria up to the top of the Flat Irons (?) and Justin said Cameron was scaling walls and had no fear. He loves to ride bikes, scooters and his skateboard, and LOVES Star Wars. He also loves hangin with Grandpa and going to Grandpa's ranch. The kid is a clown and will do almost anything for a laugh. (anybody remember the green tutu and red clown nose? :)
I guess I'll start with the basics. I'm 34 years old. I swear I thought I was 32 for the last two years. My brother just had his bday and Justin and I had a disagreement on how old he was because "I'm only 32! He can't be turning 36! I'm only 18 months younger than him!!!" I was wrong. I'm really 34. Whatever. I live in Mesa Az with my husband of almost 15 years, Justin, my daughter Victoria, 11, son Cameron, 7, and daughters Emma, 4, and Grace, 2.
We are a pretty normal family. Piano lessons, little league, Wednesday night mutual, volunteering in classes, chaperoning field trips, dance class, church meetings, and on and on. I stay at home and take care of everything and everyone and I love it. I think I'd like to get out and work every once and a while, but Grace will be in school in 2 years and I'll have the chance then. Funny thing is, then I will have the house all to myself and I won't want to leave. :)
I'm probably one of the most spoiled moms I know because Justin is a Captain for the Phoenix Fire Department and works 2 or 3 days a week and is home the rest. I love the time we get to spend together even if we don't do anything. Seriously, how many moms get to have their husbands run errands with them and take and pick up the kids from school? He probably volunteers more than I do, tries to chaperon field trips and I don't think he's missed a career day yet. He is the best husband and father.
Now I'll give you the rundown on the kiddies.
Victori
a Renae was born on March 20, 1996. She has been the most amazing child. We've loved watching her develop from a Dixie Chicks singing toddler who knew what a cranium and a patella were into a wonderful young woman. She has a very good sense of humor that she gets from her dad along with a wicked smart brain (also from her dad). (I think she got my ears.) She skipped Kindergarten and has been in advanced classes all through elementary school and now Junior High. She has all honors classes and is getting A's in all of them. It's kind of unfair how she just gets it. She plays the piano beautifully, loves to read almost anything and seems to remember everything she's learned. (unless I've said it) Now if she could keep her room clean she would be the perfect child. :) I am so proud of her and love her.Cameron Dane was born on June 13th, 2000. He is such a loving, sweet, happy kid. He's always saying "I love you" and giving hugs. He loves being with his dad and they do everything together. Justin took he and Victoria up to the top of the Flat Irons (?) and Justin said Cameron was scaling walls and had no fear. He loves to ride bikes, scooters and his skateboard, and LOVES Star Wars. He also loves hangin with Grandpa and going to Grandpa's ranch. The kid is a clown and will do almost anything for a laugh. (anybody remember the green tutu and red clown nose? :)
Emma Alexis was born May 22nd, 2003. She is so.....umm...she's just a total girl. Everything is princesses and singing and dancing. She is a very articulate 4 year old and loves to comment about the sunsets and peoples home decor. :) "Oh Mom, isn't it a beautiful sunset?" or"Oh Grandpa O, I love what you've done with your Christmas decorations! It's just amazing!" It's like she wants to be royalty and thinks if she speaks like Princess Annalise, she'll become her. Emma also makes up her own songs. Really long songs. When she was three, she would sing and it sounded like Chewbacca getting his back waxed. But it's better now and I enjoy hearing her. One of my favorite things about her is she says the best prayers. I can tell that she is listening in Primary and even to the home teachers because she will always mention it in her prayers. I adore her and will truly miss her when she goes to school.

Grace Estelle was born on June 26th, 2005. She is named after Justin's Grandma Oldfather who passed away before Justin and I were married. I'm grateful that Grandpa O was happy about us choosing her name. We've always had a hard time getting pregnant and we thought we might be done after Emma. I asked Justin to give it three months, and if we weren't pregnant, we would be done. 6 weeks later, the test came out positive. I knew Grace was supposed to be in our family and am so glad we have her. Gracie is a very independent spirit that wants to be free to do what she wants. It's either that or she's just two years old. :) She loves her brother and sisters and is a cute happy child that cracks us up constantly. She also looks just like Justin and has the best dimples. :)

Well, that's all about us. I think I'm looking forward to this whole blogging thing. We'll see........:)
1 comment:
I'm so glad you started a blog (I got you off of Gina's.) Drew will be excited to see this since he asks to play with Cameron like EVERDAY!
Post a Comment