Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Cakes, cakes and more cakes


Well, if anybody has known me for any amount of time (or seen my butt) you know I love to bake. Some people like scrapbooking, some sew, but I love being in the kitchen. Not the, it's 5:00pm and I don't know what's for dinner and the kids are all screaming and fighting and running around, being in the kitchen. But the, I'm alone (haha) it's quiet, and I'm making something fun, being in the kitchen. Needless to say, this doesn't happen too often, but now Victoria is a huge help and loves cooking as much as I do. She's got a creative flair that I don't and it's good bonding time. I've done a couple of wedding cakes, some baby showers, and too many birthdays. The treasure chest was for Wendy Jones a couple of weeks ago. It was a disaster! But I learn something new each cake I make. I should probably get a less fattening hobby though. :)

5 comments:

Deana & Ryan Bitter said...

These are FABULOUS! You've got some serious skillz! Now i know who to jingle when we need a wedding cake... course, that won't be for at least another 10 years!

Heather said...

Well, hello blogger friend! Caught up to you on Deana's blog. Your cakes are FAB!! You have a talent there. Fun to see your family and keep tabs on you guys!

Lorena said...

AMAZING! You had told me about this, but it is great to finally see it! What a great talent! My butt shows off my love of baked goods, too.

Jan Harrison said...

HEY! Ashley told me to check out your blog--so FUN! I can't believe what a beautiful family you have! I swear it was yesterday that you were a Laurel-goofing around with the boys in my pool! I'm so happy to see what a wonderful life you have! XOXOXOX

The Romero family said...

Hi Renae, it's so good to see you and your cute family. Are you still running? Come run with us sometime.
I had no idea you had such a great talent. Maya & I are oooing and awing over the beautiful cakes. How cool.
Take care.